Saturday, July 30, 2016

How to Help Before It Begins

I'm being asked frequently how people can help prepare for the upcoming charity stream. I started this crazy idea thinking I'd be doing it alone, and not two weeks later, there are so many people wanting to help shoulder the burden, donate items, spread the word, and share their stories.

If you stream- The biggest thing a streamer can do is help spread the word. Share this blog's address with your viewers, tweet it out, share of FB, anything helps!

I will also need help filling time during the few down times I will allow for necessary sleep.

Co-hosting while I'm live would help keep the chat engaged, especially if I'm doing a task and can't see chat so easily. As the hours tick away and I grow wearier, the extra voice can help keep the stream focused or remind me of an important thing I might have forgotten or point out a donation I missed.

If you craft- Whether you stream or not, handmade items for giveaways could help entice traffic. If the item is somehow created in the theme of the stream- hope, strength, survival, perhaps the turquoise/purple color theme- it would help keep the giveaway focused on the cause.

If you don't stream- Spreading the word on social media will be helpful as September 9 draws closer.

There is also an Amazon Wishlist showing some of the items I need to buy for a smooth and entertaining stream. It is also posted on the sidebar to the right. Donating items from that list, or sending a donation to my Paypal account to help ease the cost. (The linked text leads to my Twitch donation page, so you can leave a message letting me know you are donating towards supplies. It allows payment through Paypal or credit card. *Note this link will not lead to a direct donation to AFSP.org*)

And most important of all, everyone's encouragement is the best help I can receive!  This is the biggest thing I have ever tackled. I am aware it will be grueling. I will be doing tasks outside my comfort zone; not just through challenges in stream, but just the networking needed before launch day. I am aware of anxiety at the fringe of my mind, and the compulsion to overthink this whole thing. The support and encouragement of the community has kept me going, and I will need it for the next five weeks.

Again, please pass along the links I have on the right-hand margin, and keep checking back here for progress updates. I should have some news regarding the donation page soon, among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment